As a Partner Member of the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance you are a part of a national organization with a strong policy presence in Washington DC and are afforded many great benefits to share with your community. We are committed to providing you with concise, accurate information relating to ovarian cancer. Other benefits include:
Every month the Alliance profiles one Partner Member in their monthly newsletter.
The profiled organization works with the Marketing and Communications Manager to highlight all the work that Partner Member is doing in his/her community. You will also receive a badge you can link to www.ovariancancer.org and post on your website to announce your Partner Member status. The Alliance will provide you with such materials as a custom press list for your organization, upon request, and sample language to use for you September events, such as a press release and letter to the editor. The Alliance is here to review and comment on all materials at your request.
Your organization is listed as a resource on the Alliance’s website and the Partner Member web site. Additionally, at your request, the Alliance will post your events on our online calendar.
The Alliance’s annual conference is a great opportunity to not hear about new and exciting work going on in the ovarian cancer community, but also to meet your colleagues across the country who are working to save women’s lives. At the annual conference each Partner Member will be identified to conference attendees by a special ribbon. In order to further promote the work your organization does, we will provide you with a free exhibit booth in the exhibit hall and a listing in the conference binder. You will receive advance access to the annual conference agenda and speaker list as well as an invitation to an exclusive Partner Member-only event. We encourage all Partner Members and their communities to attend the conference and will provide one matching scholarship, up to a pre-specified amount, to a Partner Member attendee. (Conference benefits are not available for half year memberships.)
As your partner on Capitol Hill, the Alliance is a resource for you and all of your advocacy needs. In addition to technical assistance from Alliance staff, we provide customizable action alerts for you to share with your community. We give the opportunity to sign on to appropriations request letters. And we provide timely updates about Congressional action, advocacy efforts and opportunities for action.
We are here to help you; help you grow and help you spread the unified message of ovarian cancer. To that end we provide these additional benefits:
• Help initiating a Survivors Teaching Students: Saving Women’s Lives (R) program in a nearby medical or nursing school
• Referral of women who call the Alliance to your organization, as appropriate
• Opportunity to co-host a Regional Conference with other Partner Members
• One hour of one-on-one consulting on working with the media and/or legislators
• Invitations to regular Partner Member-only calls and webinars on relevant topics
• Review of your materials for scientific accuracy
• Review of marketing materials for design and accuracy including your web site
• Discount at the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance’s online store
• Secure access to a Partner Members-only web portal where you can share information; connect with and ask questions of other Partner Members; post events to our public web site; and access the Partner Member Toolkit, which includes general organizational How-Tos, advocacy tips, templates and more
Partner Member Responsibilities
Partner Members also have responsibilities to the Alliance.
1. Annual payment of dues. The dues are based on the Partner Member’s ovarian cancer budget and are self-selected, but a critical responsibility. Those who cannot pay can apply for temporary status by proving that paying the minimum due ($200) poses a significant financial burden to the operations of the organization. We only allow 15 exemptions a year, selection is based on need. (For Dues Structure see: Partner Member Application 2013) link to application
2. Review and pre-approval of any use of the Alliance logo. For questions about the use of the Alliance’s logo, please email Amanda Davis, Marketing and Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Regular communications with the national office.
4. Commitment to the dissemination of concise, accurate information relating to ovarian cancer.
5. Provision of useful education and/or services for survivors and their loved ones.